TRAVEL TIP EDITION – @THISGIRLGIGGLES
Ok, let’s be honest. We all want to find love. Thanks to romantic comedies and Korean dramas, everyone has dreamt of finding their soulmates and falling wildly in love while traveling.
So, you just met the most intriguing person at your hostel?
Did you and your adorable Couchsurfing host kind of fell for each other while sharing travel stories over dinner?
I know, your soul is just screaming of happiness. Of course, y’all got the most amazing connection that you cannot describe. You’re thinking, “I will never find anyone like him/her back home.” Cool. Let me stop you right there. At that moment, you are drooling over his/her delicious accent and imagining what your life would be like in this foreign city… STOP!
Before you fall too hard for this soulmate of yours….
Read this carefully:
- Who is ready to do long distance?
- Can you really break through the culture difference?
- Would he/she put in the same effort you would put in and vice versa?
- Are your expectations of this “relationship” same as theirs after your trip is over? You better download WhatsApp immediately.
- 10-hour time difference? Have fun with that one.
- And on which “trip” do you decide to be intimate? Second? Third? Just don’t say first.
- Can you break through the language barrier?
- Who’s visiting each other first?
- Good-byes at the airport? Yes, it will always be heart breaking.
- Now that you guys have been successfully communicating for 3 – 6 months through WhatsApp… Who’s moving closer to whom?
- Wait, you’re considering moving 3000 miles away from home to be with this person? Are you really going to move in with someone you barely know? (God damn. You better take your dog with you.)
- When they are at work… what would you do? Are you ready to only hangout with your S/O and their friends for a while until you make your own friends? And what language are they speaking in?
- Ok, so its better since if your lover is moving to your city and moving in with you. I hope you have a dog that they can play with while you are at work.
- Be ready to get hit with this notion during your first argument: “But, I moved here for you.”
- Most importantly, are you ready to eat tacos, kimchi, rice or pasta every day? Because they might need white rice in every meal.
- Are you ready to change your meal time? Honey, you might be eating dinner at 5 p.m. or 11 p.m. You’ll never know.
Lastly, does he/she have a child that you don’t know about? Remember, you’re on “vacation/adventure” mode. Everything is fun and carefree… until it’s not.
After reading this positive post, you will need some of the items below:
Got a heartbreaking or successful international love story?
Share with me below!